baslinux - Re: [BL] Abiword problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Abiword problem
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 23:05:13 +0000 (UTC)

I think this is it (gtk1 version of mplayerplug-in)

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/amigolinux/download/Applications/MultiMedia/mplayer-plugin-3.31/mplayerplug-in-3.31-i486-1.tgz

tar -zxvf produced locale files and a conf file and a plugins directory containing .so that I copied to /firefox/plugins and .xpt that went to /firefox/components. Two configuration files that I don't know the reason for and some TODO type stuff.

ldd *so says libgtk-1.2.so.0. GTK1.

Needs libstdc++.so.6 from cxxlibs (also needed by Firefox 1.5 but not by Seamonkey 1.1.15) and libaries from SW71 gtkglib.tgz (2MB). I unpackaged in /tmp and copied to /usr/lib/ only usr/lib/*so* rather than installing docs man info locale include files lib*a etc.

You suggested amigolinux abiword, and I see mplayer 1.0rc1 there - it may work without your script but is much bigger than David's uclibc version (8MB bz2, 6MB tgz. ??).

about:plugins now lists five plugins corresponding to the five files in /plugins and /components. For firefox and seamonkey.

DivX browser
Quicktime
Realplayer 9
Windows Media
mplayer-3.31

What sites do you suggest testing the first two of these at?

http://classicalwebcast.com/usa.htm

WAUS - mms is not a registered protocol. How do we register it?

At every realaudio and windows media player station, Seamonkey and Firefox crashed with a symbol lookup error. DPMSQueryExtension.

This is related to X. The plugin must be using a GUI for mplayer.

The mplayer-uclibc and the one I compiled without video support don't care about X and would probably work at all these stations but I don't get the choice since the plugin takes over.

The mplayer plugins use libXext Xpm Xt SM and ICE.
Slackware 11 has libX11 libXext and libICE 6.4, and Slackware 7.1 6.3.
(The others are all 6.0).

I had upgraded libX11 for another application and just upgraded the other two and it no longer crashes but the popup windows says it is transferring data then 'stopped'. I click on the PLAY button and it flashes something onscreen about getting playlist and mms.

Steven, how did you deal with registering mms? All the stations at this site seem to use it.

Vermont Public Radio VPR offers a low bandwidth classical vprclassical.pls (MP3) which the plugin does not recognize either. Their WMP stream 'stopped'. Probably also mms.

To avoid mms, I typed in the URL for weku and it looks like it is playing but no sound. Buffering 99%, the number next to it keeps going up.

weku works perfectly with mplayer (glibc) directly.