baslinux - [BL] mplayer plugin was Re: Abiword problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] mplayer plugin was Re: Abiword problem
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 21:27:14 +0000 (UTC)

Downloaded linuxpackages mplayerplug-in 3.31 and 2.66 and both are gtk2 and firefox 1.5 that we have is gtk1.

Version 2.66 is also GTK2 (unpack the tar.gz, cd usr/lib/mozilla/plugins,
ldd - libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 not found, also pango and cairo).

When I tried to use 2.66 in Slackware 11 it did not give me the dialog box
asking what the open the file with but it did say
Toolkit mismatch mozilla (GTK1) plugin (GTK2).

Maybe I can compile the plugin myself --enable-gtk1.

I cannot find the older source code for mplayer plugin and the most recent code requires mplayer 1.0rc2 or higher - does this mean source code or a compiled version of mplayer 1.0rc2? We have mplayer 1.0pre7 uclibc (and I compiled 0.93 glibc 2.2.5 that does not do ogg or video).

mplayer binary can be used directly instead of the plugin by just telling firefox/seamonkey to use it to open files of type ram.