baslinux - Re: [BL] Abiword problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Abiword problem
  • Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 09:23:27 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> I downloaded and unpackaged mplayerplug-in 3.31
> from linuxpackages.net (which I think you said
> you used)

No, I did not remember exactly where I got the
mplayerplug-in (although I did mention that it
is available at linuxpackages).

> and it produced 5 so and 5 xpt files,

Yes, that's what I got too.

> which I copied to firefox (as instructed by the
> mozilla plugins documentation for linux).

You put them in the top firefox directory?
That's strange.

> Now when I run firefox, on exit I see that these
> libraries require GTK2,

Right, it's GTK2. You obviously need the GTK1 version.

> Steven, didn't you say you got version 3.31 and
> also that you chose Firefox 1.5 to avoid gtk2?

Yes, I said I got version 3.31 because I understood
that was the version for Firefox 1.5. However, most
pre-compiled Firefox 1.5 packages were designed for
gtk2. Remember: I was only able to find one source
(in Japan) for a gtk1 Firefox 1.5.

Since most pre-compiled Firefox 1.5 packages were
gtk2, it makes sense that your mplayerplug-in was
gtk2. Obviously, I found a gtk1 version of the
mplayerplug-in. We just need to find it again.

I am looking for it now.