baslinux - Re: [BL] Abiword problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Abiword problem
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 20:26:03 +0000 (UTC)

Message from Steven
===================

How do I install and use the mplayer plugins from
linuxpackages when firefox is in its own directory?

Please tell us the exact name of the directory
your firefox is in. And list the names of the
subdirectories in your main firefox directory.

/firefox-1.5.0.12/components and /plugins.

I first got mplayerplug-in 2.66 from linuxpackages, which unpackaged to one .so file in /plugins and one .xpt file in /components, and I copied those to /firefox*/plugins and ./components.

about:plugins did not list mplayer plugin.

I downloaded and unpackaged mplayerplug-in 3.31 from linuxpackages.net (which I think you said you used) and it produced 5 so and 5 xpt files, which I copied to firefox (as instructed by the mozilla plugins documentation for linux).

Now when I run firefox, on exit I see that these libraries require GTK2, so I deleted 3.31 and replaced with 2.66. Steven, didn't you say you got version 3.31 and also that you chose Firefox 1.5 to avoid gtk2?

about:plugins did not list mplayer plugin.

A clue to the problem:

I copied mplayer plugin version 2.66 to Firefox 1.0.5.12 in Slackware 11 and when I type about:plugins I see mplayer 2.66 listed (and it also supports Quicktime and Windows Media Player).

I also have firefox 1.5.0.7 installed, and about:plugins and the plugins directory both agree on what plugs it has (not mplayer). /usr/bin/firefox /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins..... Maybe something in one of these directories is needed for firefox plugins to actually work?

I copied the two files to seamonkey 1.1.15 (also in its own directory) in Slackware 11 and mplayer is again listed as a plugin. I also have a version of seamonkey (1.0.5) installed. But the plugins are in the self-contained seamonkey 1.1.15 directory.

Should I try installing seamonkey or firefox in BL2?