baslinux - [BL] mplayer plugin, was Re: Abiword problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] mplayer plugin, was Re: Abiword problem
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 02:19:13 +0000 (UTC)

I think this is it (gtk1 version of mplayerplug-in)

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/amigolinux/download/Applications/MultiMedia/mplayer-plugin-3.31/mplayerplug-in-3.31-i486-1.tgz

tar -zxvf produced locale files and a plugins directory
containing .so that I copied to /firefox/plugins and .xpt that went to
/firefox/components. Two files in etc ....

doinst.sh copies *.types from etc to /etc, which lists .pls as a format. After copying .xpt and .so to /components and /plugins, I copied etc/mplayer*.conf and .types to /etc .

The plugin does not play with the mplayer glibc that I compiled, which does work CLI, and with links and lynx when they are configured to use it.

With David Moberg's mplayer-uclibc (1.0pre7try2), mplayer plugin plays streaming audio, including pls. mms is no longer a problem. README specifies at least mplayer 1.0pre7try2 for this plugin.

The uclibc mplayer works with the plugin even online (though it has a DNS lookup problem when used without the plugin).

Instead of using a script to play radio stations with mplayer (glibc) directly, I could make an html file to access with a browser (and choose the appropriate mplayer for the browser - uclibc for browser with plugin, or glibc for links or lynx.)

sagcad from amigolinux segfaults.