baslinux - Re: [BL] PCMCIA support was BL3 Options Specific for Old Toshiba Laptop

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PCMCIA support was BL3 Options Specific for Old Toshiba Laptop
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 23:23:04 +0000 (UTC)

My problem with Cardbus appears to require a Cardbus patch to the kernel. People have had it with this and other ethernet Cardbus cards, with various versions of pcmcia-cs-3*. The card is simply not found or assigned any IRQ. cardmgr does detect when I remove the card. I booted with it inserted then put it in and out a few times.

cardmgr -o

vendor 0xffff, device 0xffff (means it is not really found)
cs: no valid ROM images found!
cardmgr: unsupported card in socket 0 (or socket 1 if I move it)
no product info available
PCI id: 0xffff, 0xffff

If I take it out I get a message about cardbus being free.

It is supposed to tell me something about 3CCFE575BT-D and manfid and function 6 network adapter.

I need a Cardbus patch for kernel 2.4, I think.

I will look for a non-cardbus 10Mbit PCMCIA ethernet card instead.