baslinux - Re: [BL] PCMCIA support was BL3 Options Specific for Old Toshiba Laptop

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PCMCIA support was BL3 Options Specific for Old Toshiba Laptop
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 00:55:19 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

David Moberg wrote:

Cardbus is to PCMCIA as PCI is to ISA. PCI and Cardbus are 32-bit,
ISA and PCMCIA are (mainly) 16-bit.

The BL3 cardmgr does not do CardBus. In order to keep
it small, only standard PCMCIA cards were included.

Should the standard cardmgr from Slackware 10.2 do Cardbus and if so, do I need to compile my own module for my card, and answer Y to Cardbus in kernel config?