baslinux - Re: [BL] wireless internet and ndiswrapper, was Re: scsi-framebuffer-usb kernel

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wireless internet and ndiswrapper, was Re: scsi-framebuffer-usb kernel
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 00:44:10 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

It exited with a lot of warnings and then an error.
INSTALL says this will work with 2.6 and maybe with 2.4 but you will have
to do a lot of hacking. The Makefile has separate sections for 2.6 and
2.4. I don't know how to hack it.

I will try sometime. In the meantime, can you try ndiswrapper?

Have you managed to compile it? I have no idea how to use it and it is said to be slow and not suitable for old laptops. We are having a discussion of this particular card at my bbs, where other unfortunate linux users acquired it (along with a discussion of how to build a midi cable, the parts for which are under $10, then I have to get the kernel correct for midi via gameport, to use with the 1986 Yamaha Clavinova to play piano midi files from the computer sound card on it).

Has anyone tried Steven's 2.2.26 BL3.40 kernel or 'big kernel' and modules
(probably usbcore.o usb-uhci.o or usb-ohci.o, scsi_mod.o sd_mod.o and
usb-storage.o) with USB storage in BL2? My 2.4.31 USB-storage-capable
kernel appeared to work in BL3.32 (modules loaded) but the USB memory
stick was not found by the module, but actually worked in BL2.1.

Do you have /dev/sd* created in BL3?

sda, sda1-5, sdb, sdb1, same for c and d in BL3.32 which we were using.

Does USB-storage need glibc? I have glibc 2.2.5 in BL2.1.

It should not. It works on the boot floppy with uClibc.
The BL3 busybox is uclibc-based.

So what else important is different in BL3 that it did not find the device? uclibc is also newer than libc5.

The stick was recognized in DOS by usbaspi5.sys and di1000dd.sys before we booted with loadlin.

Could a kernel module only work with certain libc?

David