baslinux - [BL] BL 2.1 with bzimage.big

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL 2.1 with bzimage.big
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 21:17:37 -0500

Sheldon had said:

> Sindi had said:
> > Has anyone tried Steven's 2.2.26 BL3.40 kernel or 'big kernel' and
> > modules (probably usbcore.o usb-uhci.o or usb-ohci.o, scsi_mod.o
> > sd_mod.o and usb-storage.o) with USB storage in BL2?
>
> I think I got BL 2.1 working on my other computer,and will try it as you
> suggest.

Booted the HD-installed BL2.1, but with bzimage.big

And so far have loaded the modules usbcore usb-ohci scsi_mod and USB-
STOR.O

When I plugged in the USB card reader with an SD card in it, the screen
says:

hub.c: USB new device connect on bus 1/1, assigned device number 2

usb.c: USB new device connect, assigned device number 2

scsi : 1 host.

scsi: unknown type 31
Vendor: (funny characters) Model: (other funny chars) Rev: (more chars)
Type: unknown ANSI ACSI revision: 07

resize_dma_pool: uncnown device type 31

I realize I didn't put in sd_mod.o ; I couldn't find it here, but will
look on line.

David had asked:
> Does dmesg change at all after you insert a usb-storage
> device?

Yes indeed!!! After the

"resize_dma_pool: uncnown device type 31"

I got a command prompt back, and said

dmesg | more

and there's lots of stuff tacked on after the regular info, including
many like this:

usb-storage.c: Bad device number (3/0)

usb-storage.c: *** thread sleeping

usb-storage.c: us_queuecommand() called

usb-storage.c: *** thread awakened

usb-storage.c: Bad device number (4/0)

and lots more like that

and at the bottom:

resize_dma_pool: uncnown device type 31

WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured

USB Mass Storage device found at 2

Now what?
Thanks,
Sheldon