baslinux - Re: [BL] scsi-framebuffer-usb kernel

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] scsi-framebuffer-usb kernel
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:39:54 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> Another former list member sent SW10.2 so I ought to attempt to compile my
> own mii.o using the 2.4.31 kernel source which I hope is on CD-1.
> Can I compile just that one module rather than make zImage make modules,
> using David's config file with mii set to module?

I don't think you can, unless you know how to fix the makefile so that
it will let you 'make module.o'. You might want to try building your
own 2.4 kernel and modules, with all the networking options turned
on. I may have left something out that mii requires.

Compiling 2.4 is about the same difficulty level as 2.2, the only
difference is that the 2.4 config has more options.

> Running Linux claims the limiting factor in compiling a kernel is the
> amount of RAM and it will go slowly if you have 4MB or less but cpu speed
> is irrelevant. I think they got it backwards.

I think so, too.

David