baslinux - Re: [BL] wireless internet and ndiswrapper, was Re: scsi-framebuffer-usb kernel

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wireless internet and ndiswrapper, was Re: scsi-framebuffer-usb kernel
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 04:00:29 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, David Moberg wrote:

Sheldon Isaac wrote:

Yep, with your kernel that uses the 2.4.31 stuff. But I guess your kernel is
smaller? than the 2.4.31 one that the DSL developers sort-of don't like
(they went back to 2.4.26 after some objections from users) because it
doesn't support some older hardware?

That would make sense. That would also explain why Sindi experienced
problems with a 720K floppy disk.
I am not sure what that problem was - things got sort of confused, maybe I changed fd without unmounting, but I was at one point unable to umount the fd or the hd and had to reboot.

I noticed that Debian has created their own forks of 2.4.27 and 2.6.8,
among other kernel versions. They appear to be attempting to stabilize
the kernel source code. Their 2.6 kernel bzImage is 1MB, less than
one-third the size of the Slackware 2.6-testing bzImage. It has about
the same functionality as a 600K 2.4 kernel.

David