baslinux - Re: [BL] scsi-framebuffer-usb kernel

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] scsi-framebuffer-usb kernel
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 23:17:28 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Another former list member sent SW10.2 so I ought to attempt to compile my
own mii.o using the 2.4.31 kernel source which I hope is on CD-1.
Can I compile just that one module rather than make zImage make modules,
using David's config file with mii set to module?

I don't think you can, unless you know how to fix the makefile so that
it will let you 'make module.o'. You might want to try building your
own 2.4 kernel and modules, with all the networking options turned
on. I may have left something out that mii requires.

I will try with a standard networking kernel from 10.2 and your module as a test, or with their module and your kernel.

Compiling 2.4 is about the same difficulty level as 2.2, the only
difference is that the 2.4 config has more options.