baslinux - Re: [BL] wireless internet and ndiswrapper, was Re: scsi-framebuffer-usb kernel

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wireless internet and ndiswrapper, was Re: scsi-framebuffer-usb kernel
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 03:12:03 +0000 (UTC)

David, if you have some
ethernet card that uses mii.o I would really appreciate your help getting
this working as I cannot understand the documentation for kernel
configuration very well. It took me a week of trial and error to get
a working 2.2.16 sound kernel.

eepro100 also uses it, and usbnet.

mii.o is also needed by the realtek chip on my smc91c92_cs.o card (someone wrote in that the kernel config file did not compile it for that card automatically and suggested a fix). I don't know if it is needed for the wireless realtek rtl8180 chip that I hope to compile.

I can insmod crc32 and mii on two computers which do NOT have an rtl8139 NIC in them. (They have 3c59X 3COM). One AMD K6-2 and one 600MHz PII.

On a 450MHz AMD K6-2 and a 300MHz Gateway/Intel PII I get the same error message when I try to insmod mii. With David's kernel in all cases.

Maybe the network card itself is causing the error? Or else I am simply unlucky. I will try with two more rtl cards eventually. I don't have enough spares to replace all four 8139 cards with tulip or 3c59x.