baslinux - Re: [BL] wireless internet and ndiswrapper, was Re: scsi-framebuffer-usb kernel

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wireless internet and ndiswrapper, was Re: scsi-framebuffer-usb kernel
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:05:20 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, David Moberg wrote:
>
> > sindi keesan wrote:
> >>
> >> It exited with a lot of warnings and then an error.
> >> INSTALL says this will work with 2.6 and maybe with 2.4 but you will have
> >> to do a lot of hacking. The Makefile has separate sections for 2.6 and
> >> 2.4. I don't know how to hack it.
> >
> > I will try sometime. In the meantime, can you try ndiswrapper?
>
> Have you managed to compile it?

No, I have not tried ndiswrapper with 2.4.

> I have no idea how to use it

Same here. I think I have a live CD Linux around here that should
have it. I will try it and see if I can make it work before I bother
compiling it.

> So what else important is different in BL3 that it did not find the
> device? uclibc is also newer than libc5.
-snip-
> Could a kernel module only work with certain libc?

I don't think so. I know that at least Sheldon and I had the
usb-storage kernel working with BL3 installed to HD.

Does dmesg change at all after you insert a usb-storage
device?

David