baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer and DVDs

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer and DVDs
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:55:44 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I find it easier just to turn on two computers.

If you don't want two computers, bochs allows you to imitate a PC within
a computer. It is a tad slow, but if you're using Wordperfect or an old
DOS game the performance is quite acceptable. It is much more compatible
than DOSEMU.

Bochs works within linux? Does it do MGA (mdacon)? That is my big objection to using linux for wordperfect, no underlines on the TTL monitor. (In addition to Alt-F1 switching terminals instead of being a WP command, and no I do NOT want to run WP in VGA mode, or under X and see underlines as red against blue.)

David