baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer and DVDs

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer and DVDs
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:21:17 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Folks,

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:45:06 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

Thanks. First dosemu? (No hurry on either).

I forgot about dosemu. I will try to set up a uClibc environment
(you wanted the latest development edition built statically with
uClibc, right?) and see if it builds.

version 1.32 has fixed the problem of missing characters. Even a version
built dynamically for BL3 or BL2 would help. I could not get it to
compile.

I, too, have problems with dosemu. I can download the binaries, and
install it OK, I can just never get any DOS programs to run properly.

Must be that I am not setting it all up properly, but I am not familiar
with FreeDOS (that comes with it) and none of my favourite (and useful) DOS
applications will function at all.

Regards,
Ron

We got WP working in graphical mode (in CLI mode you cannot use the function keys because it switches terminals instead), and a small DOS CAD program working properly in graphical mode (BL2 - the BL3-type version had a broken graphical mode) but comma and i were missing. My partner's little text editor somewhat works. Have you gotten AYTHING to work at all? Maybe it is not installed right? You need to copy over the DOS programs to C: or maybe D: after typing doseum or xdosemu (from X) and then run them from there.

CLI mode works in BL3, graphical (xdosemu) in BL2, using precompiled binaries. CLI mode sort of works in Bl2 but is missing too many characters such as A and S. They claim to have fixed all this. Graphical mode would not work at all in BL3, some font problem.

I find it easier just to turn on two computers.