baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer and DVDs

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer and DVDs
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:45:06 +0000 (UTC)

I still don't know how to make subtitles work. I installed the
fonts and the on-screen display works now, but I haven't been
able to get subtitles to work. Try installing the fonts and
changing the various subtitle options (as listed in the manpage).
Please let us know if anything works.

Some time this summer. We do have a regular DVD player for subtitles if needed but I hate waiting 10 minutes for it to reach the actual movie, with no way to FF.

I notice frequent 2-sec blackouts.

Thanks. First dosemu? (No hurry on either).

I forgot about dosemu. I will try to set up a uClibc environment
(you wanted the latest development edition built statically with
uClibc, right?) and see if it builds.

version 1.32 has fixed the problem of missing characters. Even a version built dynamically for BL3 or BL2 would help. I could not get it to compile.

David