baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer and DVDs

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer and DVDs
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:42:55 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:45:06 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> >> Thanks. First dosemu? (No hurry on either).
> >
> > I forgot about dosemu. I will try to set up a uClibc environment
> > (you wanted the latest development edition built statically with
> > uClibc, right?) and see if it builds.
>
> version 1.32 has fixed the problem of missing characters. Even a version
> built dynamically for BL3 or BL2 would help. I could not get it to
> compile.

I, too, have problems with dosemu. I can download the binaries, and
install it OK, I can just never get any DOS programs to run properly.

Must be that I am not setting it all up properly, but I am not familiar
with FreeDOS (that comes with it) and none of my favourite (and useful) DOS
applications will function at all.

Regards,
Ron

--