baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer and DVDs

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer and DVDs
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:45:35 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> > I still can't figure out how subtitles work. I will try
> > various settings and report back.

I still don't know how to make subtitles work. I installed the
fonts and the on-screen display works now, but I haven't been
able to get subtitles to work. Try installing the fonts and
changing the various subtitle options (as listed in the manpage).
Please let us know if anything works.

> Thanks. Probably it does not make sense to include even an
> English-language font in your package since most people use mplayer only
> for audio, unless it is quite small.

I really want to make the package smaller, not larger.

> Thanks. First dosemu? (No hurry on either).

I forgot about dosemu. I will try to set up a uClibc environment
(you wanted the latest development edition built statically with
uClibc, right?) and see if it builds.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com