baslinux - Re: [BL] Debian packaging and ar and binutils

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Debian packaging and ar and binutils
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 14:33:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 5 May 2003 neoszewee AT gmx.net wrote:

> On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 10:20:41AM -0400, keesan2 AT cyberspace.org wrote:

> > Do I need to leave a mouse plugged into Com1 in order to start X?

I don't.

> > Is there some equally easy way to unpackage rpm files without needing to
> > download mc which expands to 6M, or the 1M rpm package for slackware?
>
> Yes. Search for 'disrpm' in google. This is a script that make uses of a
> few very simple tool to extract the compessed archive from another type
> of file. The tools required are dd, sed and file. The dd and sed in BL
> might not work so you have to find the full version.

The reason I have not missed bin.tgz is that busybox provides a lot of the
same functions (but not zless and rpm2targz).

A search got me this script. It is 2318 bytes.

The rpm2targz from Slackware is also a script, 2379 bytes, but when
I removed the copyright part it was 1344 bytes.

I will try them both. Thanks.