baslinux - [BL] Debian packages and busybox

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] Debian packages and busybox
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 17:00:08 -0400 (EDT)

> > > My busybox has a command called ar, so to view the content of a deb file
> > > I issued:
> > >
> > > ar -t something.deb
> > >
> > > to extract:
> > >
> > > ar -x something.deb
> > >

> > BL2 does not appear to have an ar in its busybox - where do we get one?
> > Is ar small enough to include in BL2?
>
> Because it is up to you to specify options when you are compiling. In
> this case Steven has not specified ar when he compiles.

Would it be possible to include 'ar' in the install-to-hard-drive package
for BL2? I don't think it would be used in the RAMdisk version so there
is no point in compiling busybox with it.

It would be a lot more useful than the 1M of locale files that install
themselves.

What other small utilities would other people like to see included?

Sindi Keesan