baslinux - Re: [BL] Debian packaging and ar and mknod

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Debian packaging and ar and mknod
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 19:19:36 +0000

keesan2 AT cyberspace.org wrote:

> It is not there. Maybe I did not install bin.tgz?
> How would I check?

----------------------
pkgtool -> View -> bin
----------------------
zless is on the 8th line.

> > zless is just a simple script:
> > --------------
> > zcat $1 | less
> > --------------
>
> Or just type zcat filename |less.

If you are happy doing that, then you don't need zless.

> > Actually, it's strange that zless is in the bin.tgz
> > package. zless only works when less is installed,
> > so IMHO it should be in the less package.
>
> It was not there either.

Yes, I know. I was just suggesting it would make more
sense if it was packaged with less, rather than with
the bin collection.

> Can I make a link between /dev/photopc and /dev/ttyS0 instead?

All that does is redirect /dev/photopc to COM1.
Is that what photopc needs?

> I see at the top (when I do top) 7004K shrd - is this SHARE?

No, the SHARE sizes are in a column (like RSS).

> There is no SHARE column.

BL2 comes with a mini-top (busybox) -- it lacks the SHARE
column. BL1 (HD version) has the full top.

> So far 'swap' has remained 0.

Swap total? Or swap used?
If swap total is 0, then you don't have swap running.