sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Biting Bullets

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Biting Bullets
  • Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 12:13:18 -0500

On 09/06/2014 02:12 AM, Thomas Orgis wrote:
> Am Thu, 4 Sep 2014 21:30:37 +0200
> schrieb Remko van der Vossen <wich AT yuugen.jp>:
>
>> on your box, (maybe we should make a new stable sorcery,)
>
> If anyone is touching sorcery these times, removing
> http://puzzle.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge
> from /etc/sorcery/mirrors/SOURCEFORGE would be a nice thing to do. It
> seems rather dead to me. Sure, we probably should rework (remove?) the
> sf.net mirror handling altogether, but removing that one stale host
> would really help right now. Timeouts and sorcery re-trying 3 times is
> really frustrating to watch.

On this topic, SF.net changed it's mirror mechanism entirely. I can't
remember right now how it actually works, but they select the mirrors
for you, rather than having to cycle through them. It uses http
redirects iirc.

But yeah, our SOURCE_FORGE scheme for picking mirrors is fundamentally
broken right now.