sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Announcing stable-rc-0.61 (20120517) chroot image release

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Announcing stable-rc-0.61 (20120517) chroot image release
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 01:47:48 +0400

On Wed, 23 May 2012 09:41:47 +1200
AbH Belxjander Draconis Serechai <belxjander AT gmail.com> wrote:

> any chance of a cross-compiler setup being built as an "expanded" chroot
> image?

that's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure all the spells are pretty
ready for cross-compilation.

though I track T2 project [0], which has _A LOT_ of work on this done.
And it's aimed on providing clear packages built from source without
any extra patches, only those needed for cross-compile.

[0] http://www.t2-project.org/about.html