sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Separate "developer" list for admins?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Separate "developer" list for admins?
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 22:27:52 +0900

It seems that my post has sparked much wider interest than I originally
intended, which is terrific. However, in the interest of getting
something going, I'd like to re-address my original concern. The current
debates are about more extensive changes, and while the discussion and
final result (whatever it will happen to be) is good, healthy progress
for the distro, it's going to take a while to resolve since we need to
have a lot more discussion on it. My original concern was for simply
having a list, not for or against restructuring/renaming anything.

Would it be alright in the interim, until a consensus can be had
regarding how admins should be considered regarding activity, structure
within the distro, etc., to just simply put a list of who the admins are
up on the wiki? That way we can all know who to contact if things catch
fire, which would still be important even if we don't know how we want
to structure for them yet. ;)

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage