sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Separate "developer" list for admins?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Separate "developer" list for admins?
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:32:57 -0500

On Apr 07, Mark Bainter [mbainter-smgl AT trampledstones.com] wrote:
> However, I agree we probably *shouldn't* have a commit requirement to be
> remain on the admin team, and that should probably be determined by the
> lead. Of course - if we started doing infrastructure as code (ala
> puppet) we could probably have our own commit requirement...but I think
> we'd rather have that be as *few* changes as possible. ;-)

I've thought about this too and do really need to get more config stuff
into git but we have a pretty static platform and can go months between
needing to change a configuration. We have core arch & sync scripts that
haven't changed in years.

We could go with 'logged in to a server' within a given window... that's
really low-impact, but really so is 'one commit'.