sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Separate "developer" list for admins?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Separate "developer" list for admins?
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 18:16:48 -0500

On Apr 07, flux [flux AT sourcemage.org] wrote:
> Eric Sandall (eric AT sandall.us) wrote [10.04.07 08:08]:
> > I don't believe the Glossary requires an Issue Vote to change, it's
> > more of a guide than a policy document.
>
> Not sure on that, since the terms used in it are used officially (at
> least some of them). Additionally, I was implying the vote more for
> deciding what the new names would be since it seems we all have
> different ideas for them.

We need some consensus on the structure changes if there are going to be
any, then a proposal that's likely to pass*, which would itself probably
include any vocabulary chnages.

*Our voting policy is broken in that it doesn't provide an explicit way to
perfect motions once they are made, therefore perfection should be done as
much as possible before someone actually proposes something. We need to
replace some of this with standard parliamentary procedure as we continue
to work through creating bylaws.