sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire Lead vote for 2010

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Mark Bainter <mbainter-smgl AT trampledstones.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire Lead vote for 2010
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 09:43:49 -0500

flux [flux AT sourcemage.org] wrote:
> I'd say that would be awesome for all components (though perhaps there
> are some who would consider that "spam"? -- not me though). How long
> would it take to set that up? Could we even go further and set it up as
> a git reply somehow, so that the user gets the option of checking things
> and possibly revising their commit message to include the bug numbers it
> closes before finalizing an upstream push?

Not really. You'd have to also have a way to override that then, so
that the push could go through, and I think over time that would develop
into just being something always added. Any sort of integration with
git seems like it would have a long-term net negative impact on
developer behavior.

However, we might be able to come up with a command line tool that could
query the bug database, if bugzilla had/has some sort of API for that.