sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Separate "developer" list for admins?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Separate "developer" list for admins?
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 13:52:49 -0700

Quoting flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>:

I'm going through our developer list for cleanup. I know some developers
are kept in the list because they are admins. This got me thinking
though, and I would like to propose a separate list of the Source Mage
admins, in addition to the developer list. It has the following
advantages:

- No worries about who should/shouldn't be dropped as a developer based
on admin status

- Credit is more accurately given (those who are both admins and
developers get credit for both, those performing only one role only
get credit for that one role)

- If there's a major problem with one of the servers, developers know
who to actually contact for help (leads should always know the main
admins, but this will help to keep track of backup admins as well).

If we want to come up with a new term for the admins, I'm fine with that
(keepers?).

Request For Comment.

I would be okay with this so long as the "admin" category also counts as Developers for voting and other requirements. Basically the same requirements except for the commit quota.

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285