sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Tome vote results

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bor Kraljic <pyrobor AT ver.si>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Tome vote results
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 17:34:39 +0200

Dne četrtek 08 oktobra 2009 ob 14:30:29 je flux napisal(a):
> Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik (ruskie AT codemages.net) wrote [09.10.08 04:49]:
> > I'm opposed to this. We have !menti which allows users to search the
> > logs which is more than enough for most needs.
> >

> This brought up a good point. We have all these very useful bots hanging
> around that we as devs tend to get good use out of regularly. There
> should be some documentation on the wiki so that users know 1) that
> these bots exist and 2) what they can be used for. Note that (2) does
> not require the bots' help info to be on the wiki, but at least a
> description of the type of services in general that the bots provide
> (i.e., looking up what spells are available, finding out what
> dependencies a spell has, etc.). Quite often users come in and ask
> questions, and then we tell them to use the feature of a bot. Why not
> put the info up on the wiki so that users can know this ahead of time?
I agree. Help page about bots on wiki would be very useful. I hang on the
channel quite some time now but I know only few of the commands. With also
the link to scry web interface. Some of the new users are a little bit afraid
to pollute the channel with bot commands so they would rather use web
interface. Heck even I sometimes use web interface if i have more things to
check.

And when we talk about scry. Someone should fix upload of the install logs.
Don't really know if this is Tome team or not.

And one more suggestion. Make wiki page open for suggestions. In my
experience emails tend to get lost. And searching them... with wiki page you
would have all of them gathered in one place rather about 3 or more mails :)
Or we could start making bugs in bugzilla :P

We will do our best to keep you busy :P