sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Tome vote results

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bor Kraljic <pyrobor AT ver.si>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Tome vote results
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 10:30:33 +0200

Dne sreda 07 oktobra 2009 ob 21:59:49 je David Kowis napisal(a):
> flux wrote:
> > Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik (ruskie AT codemages.net) wrote [09.10.07 10:37]:
> >> Well the results are in.
> >>
> >> So we have a new Tome lead. Congrats to David Kowis.
> >>

> > Congrats David on becoming our new Tome Lead! Now good luck on doing a
> > good job with it. ;)
> >

> Heh, luckily the job is so ill defined, just about anything I do will be
> a good job ;)
>
> I even managed to get away without a speech. I would call for those who
> voted for me to describe what they expect me to do, but know that it
> risks revealing your vote.
I didn't voted but still I will give you some ideas/suggestions what you
could to now that you are Tome lead. Here there are:

- favicon of the website would be nice to have the same as on
webscm.sourcemage.org also the same favicon for bugzilla
- have some header for all sourcemage pages (webscm, wiki, bugs, maybe codex
listing) so it would be easy to navigate from one to another (I hope you
understand what i have in mind)
- it would be nice to have man pages also on wiki. Even better would be if
it would be the same source and then copied to wiki. so your team has to
write it only once.
- sometimes would be useful to have irclogs available online. just from
#sourcemage other channels are mostly dead. I was on rockbox channel and then
saw that they really have nice way if showing logs (
http://www.rockbox.org/irc/ ) [maybe we allready have this but I just
couldn't find it]
- and there is of course the endless job of organizing the webpage/wiki. I
think wiki has a lot of good content... Just isn't organized good enough so
information are hard to find. So organizing the content should have priority
over adding new content.

That all that comes to my mind at the moment. I hope you will done at least
one of my suggestions :)

Have a nice day.
Bor