sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Tome vote results

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Tome vote results
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 08:30:29 -0400

Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik (ruskie AT codemages.net) wrote [09.10.08 04:49]:
> I'm opposed to this. We have !menti which allows users to search the
> logs which is more than enough for most needs.

This brought up a good point. We have all these very useful bots hanging
around that we as devs tend to get good use out of regularly. There
should be some documentation on the wiki so that users know 1) that
these bots exist and 2) what they can be used for. Note that (2) does
not require the bots' help info to be on the wiki, but at least a
description of the type of services in general that the bots provide
(i.e., looking up what spells are available, finding out what
dependencies a spell has, etc.). Quite often users come in and ask
questions, and then we tell them to use the feature of a bot. Why not
put the info up on the wiki so that users can know this ahead of time?

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage