sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Alexander Tsamutali" <astsmtl AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 17:58:01 +0500

2007/1/7, "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>:
Which we provide them with.... What we don't support is constantly
installing a newer version of our system... It's meant to be installed one
time only and then only updated. We still have people running systems as old
as hmmm I think 4 years and the systems still work as they should.

No. Here i am talking about regular upgrades using sorcery tools, not
ISO upgrades

Who said they need to upgrade? We provide a mechanism to ONLY update for
security fixes so there really isn't much to this. If they wish it so they
can also update the rest but it can be limited to security only.

To get latest security fixes they should install latest stable
grimoire. So if i use stable-0.5 and have some security issues i
should install stable-0.6 and use sorcery queue-security. It means
that we don't provide support for stable releases. This makes our
process even worse than gentoo's (they use masking to mark stable
versions).

--
Alexander Tsamutali