sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Missing developers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Missing developers
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 21:46:36 +0100

On Monday 08 January 2007 21:29, David Kowis wrote:
> Cherry picking files can be done with a throw away branch, since
> branches are so cheap. I'm no git master and I figured this one out just
> thinking about this email...
If you've thought up something specific, please add it to that wiki guide.
Branching sounds almost like an excuse, you can do everything with
branching. ;)

It can be easily done with:
git-cat-file blob devel:gnu/gcc/DETAILS > gnu/gcc/DETAILS
where devel is the other branch, but this doesn't preserve commits etc., just
copies the blob over. Good for resyncing devel from test, but otherwise I
doubt this is the wanted behaviour of a "file integration".

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org