sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] second set of amendments to voting policy

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: seth AT swoolley.homeip.net
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] second set of amendments to voting policy
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 14:31:30 -0700

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 09:03:28PM +0200, Andra?? ruskie Levstik wrote:
> Jeremy Blosser wrote :
>

> > - Change the inactivity limit for general developers from one year to six
> > This was supposed to get changed before the initial proposal based on
> > feedback from various people, but didn't get changed. Changing this
> > now
> > may be controversial but I'm putting it out there anyway so we can
> > discuss it.
>
> Personaly I think it would be ok to leave it at 1 year. We do have
> contributors
>
> that make very few commits/year.

Inactivity in their guru section is a primary cause of bitrot in a few
sections.

If we had people actually doing their assigned roles, we wouldn't need this
provision at all. If you don't like this though, I will be calling up for a
few removal votes shortly. I'd rather it not seem political or personal,
but I'd rather it be done in a consistent if somewhat arbitrary fashion
than for it to be deemed a personal judgement.

If they are submitting fixes that slowly, we need to let them do it through
the normal routes non-gurus get to use.

Seth