sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] second set of amendments to voting policy

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] second set of amendments to voting policy
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 20:51:00 -0700

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 09:03:28PM +0200, Andraž ruskie Levstik wrote:
> Jeremy Blosser wrote :
>

> > - Change the inactivity limit for general developers from one year to six
> > This was supposed to get changed before the initial proposal based on
> > feedback from various people, but didn't get changed. Changing this
> > now
> > may be controversial but I'm putting it out there anyway so we can
> > discuss it.
>
> Personaly I think it would be ok to leave it at 1 year. We do have
> contributors
>
> that make very few commits/year.

As I understand the wording:
"General Developers -- are automatically *** nominated and seconded for
a removal vote *** after one year of inactivity (defined as no committed
changes to any part of the project's source code or documentation
repositories)."

***'s added for emphasis.

The developer is not actually removed until we vote on it. In the cases
where we want to keep people in the team we can chose to not remove
their developer status. For example because they told us they would be
busy with RL for an extended period of time. I think this is more intended
to safeguard against people signing up and making a couple commits then
disappearing. I dont think committing a version bump once every 6 months
is asking much.

-Andrew

| Andrew D. Stitt | acedit at armory.com | astitt at sourcemage.org |
| irc: afrayedknot | Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |
| 1024D/D39B096C | 76E4 728A 04EE 62B2 A09A 96D7 4D9E 239B D39B 096C |