sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] second set of amendments to voting policy

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] second set of amendments to voting policy
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 21:03:28 +0200

Jeremy Blosser wrote :

> - Change the inactivity limit for general developers from one year to six
> This was supposed to get changed before the initial proposal based on
> feedback from various people, but didn't get changed. Changing this now
> may be controversial but I'm putting it out there anyway so we can
> discuss it.

Personaly I think it would be ok to leave it at 1 year. We do have
contributors

that make very few commits/year.

> - Fix a typo ("hold in that period" -> "held in that period").
> - Define what the "Project Policy" is so it's clear what things are
> eligible for veto votes.
> - Set the Project Policy to supercede any other policies.
> - Define a policy for resolving questions of interpretation (provide a way
> to vote on these, and set the Project Lead as the final authority if a
> vote can't resolve it).
> - Clarify that a motion/vote/etc. is received when it is accepted by the
> list server MTA.
> - Allow changing of lead election votes up until the election ends.

Good idea

> - Allow withdrawing motions or seconds up until the vote starts.

Good idea
> - Clarify Leads need to always vote, even if a majority has already been
> reached.
> - Clarify veto votes are immune from the effects of whatever new motion
> they are trying to veto.
> - Rearrange some bullets.
>

> Things not in this diff that we may want to add (these have had some
> discussion already, but not as much consensus):
> - A provision for changing votes on issue votes before the vote ends.
> - More explicit language that issue votes can be used to decide things for
> component leads who are absent.
> - More explicit language around the authority of the project lead over
> individual components.

I like all 3 of them.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = A7A9E461
Key fingerprint = 757E C16B F5B7 DC27 B003 CCED CF95 3A77 A7A9 E461