sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire 0.4 released on thursday -- release notes.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: seth AT swoolley.homeip.net
  • To: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire 0.4 released on thursday -- release notes.
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 14:18:58 -0700

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 12:40:02PM +0200, Jaka Kranjc wrote:
> > We could potentially have another stable release
> > in as little as a month to six weeks. I'm trying to speed up release
> > cycles to have less bitrot between releases.
> Sounds good to me, that way less integrations are required and things get
> fixed faster. I bet Cauldron would like it too, although it would add some
> pressure.
>
> In the meantime it would be good to improve and document the release
> procedure, so we don't get stuck again.

We didn't get stuck because it wasn't documented -- much of it had never
been done before, and that was only about a week of delay and a little
from our being very busy in real life, the rest was because the
developers simply introduced a whole lot more bugs than they fixed.
That's why I'm going to attack test grimoire more repeatedly because
that's where people are introducing problems.

Seth