sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] second set of amendments to voting policy

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] second set of amendments to voting policy
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 23:09:51 -0500

On Jul 15, Jeremy Blosser [jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org] wrote:
> On Jul 15, Andrew Stitt [afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com] wrote:
> > > +- The Mailing List used for voting is sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org.
> > > +- A motion, vote, etc. reaches the Mailing List when it is accepted for
> > > + delivery by the mail exchanger for lists.ibiblio.org.
> >
> > I think we need a provision for what happens if lists.ibiblio.org fails.
> > As I read this, it would become impossible to vote on changes the policy
> > -- which would be required if a new mailing list server was necessary.

Actually it's worth noting nothing says we'd need to vote to change the
mailing list or anything else in the policy. We've said a few times it's
best practice and there are a few leads (including me) who will always be
the one to move for a vote on policy changes of substance instead of just
amending things based on consensus, but we could get around that ML issue
without being trapped.