sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] voting process

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] voting process
  • Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 17:35:32 -0500

Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:
The bottom line to me is: we should not use a voting process that will
cause some people to not want to vote, unless there is a completely
overriding reason. Open votes could easily prevent some people from
voting, or at least prevent them from voting as they wish. Closed votes
aren't everyone's preference, but I don't think there are people that would
not vote or change their vote because the vote is closed. There are
technical challenges raised by closed votes, but these can be solved fairly
easily without alienating people.

Jeremy,

You keep talking about intimidation of people, I suppose by other people. I'm curious as to why (and how is that possible). Did this happen to anyone? Maybe those IRC talks could be summarized on the list for the rest of us. For example, what are these reasons for not opening votes? Are there any other reasons besides "intimidation?"
Thank you,

Sergey.