sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New stable grimoire released

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New stable grimoire released
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:45:27 -0700

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 01:28:44PM -0700, Seth Alan Woolley wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 03:40:19PM -0400, Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
> > I guess I'm missing something. The link on that page leads to 70 "minor"
> > bugs.
> > Are these present in that just-released stable grimoire? If not, why is
> > the
> > link there? If yes, isn't that a bit too many to be called "stable?"

I should add that I concentrated on the 235 most-used spells this time
around. This is the basesystem+extras list as described in the wiki:

http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=StableGrimoireUpdate

which linked to official list here:

http://seth.positivism.org/autotest.txt

and derived directly from the stats on:

http://ledger.sourcemage.org

As we do more stable releases, the autotest.txt list will get bigger
toward more and more stability.

Those 235 spells represent half of all spells installed on all boxes in
the ledger and thus are highly critical to the perception of stability,
even if there are a large quantity of actual bugs.

Seth

Key id 00BA3AF3 = 8BE0 A72E A47E A92A 0737 F2FF 7A3F 6D3C 00BA 3AF3
Quality Assurance Team Leader; Security Team Member, Leader Emeritus
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic http://www.sourcemage.org
Elected Coordinating Committee Member, Secretary, and Finances Chair
Pacific Green Party of Oregon - Peace - http://www.pacificgreens.org