sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New stable grimoire released

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New stable grimoire released
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:28:44 -0700

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 03:40:19PM -0400, Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
> I guess I'm missing something. The link on that page leads to 70 "minor"
> bugs.
> Are these present in that just-released stable grimoire? If not, why is the
> link there? If yes, isn't that a bit too many to be called "stable?"

70% of the bugs were filed on the old stable. About nineteen were newly
discovered during testing and were in the vast majority of cases not
regressions or were a strange corner case. Mostly this is a case of better
knowledge about bugs, not more actual bugs.

In discussion during an admin meeting 50 stable bugs was the threshold
of acceptability to participants for a 1.0 release. 70's really not
that bad compared to where it was.

I think not listing known bugs is detrimental to getting them fixed and
allowing people to know what does and doesn't work if they are doing
updates on their production systems (granted they should be testing
themselves anyways), but at least they know what to prepare for.

Seth