sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Vote changes proposal

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Vote changes proposal
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:59:36 -0700

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 09:37:59PM -0400, Geoffrey Derber wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 18:26 -0700, Andrew wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 08:56:17PM -0400, Geoffrey Derber wrote:
> > > 3. Find a way to not send votes publicly to the list for all the world
> > > to see.
> >

> > The wiki says:
> > "All active developers[0] will reply to the Project Lead directly with
> > their vote **** (and may CC the list if they want) **** ."
> >
> > "****" added for emphasis
> >
> > So if I read your question right, you can just send the PL your vote,
> > it doesnt have to go to the list, but you can send it there also if you
> > want.
> >

> Well, not quite, I'm proposing removing the last part of that. So that
> it would read more along the lines of
> "All active developers[0] will reply to the Project Lead directly with
> their vote"

The last part is optional though, if you dont want to share your vote
on the list you dont have to. You could still send your vote to the list
if you wanted to even without the extra qualifier. So to me, removing
that clause makes no difference.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |