sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Vote changes proposal

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Vote changes proposal
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:34:32 -0700

Hi all,

A few items I'd like to add to our Team Lead voting process[0] are the
following:
* Team Leads can be voted out of office in the following way
# A request is sent for the removal of a current Team Lead along with a
nomination for a replacement (no Team Lead can be removed without a
replacement).
# Both the request and the nomination must be seconded by distinct
individuals
(e.g. the person proposing cannot second either the nomination or the vote,
nor
can another individual second both the nomination and the vote).

* Team Lead positions have a term of 1 year
# At the end of 1 year a request for nominations as for a normal Team Lead
vote will occur.
# If no nominations are forthcoming and/or the only nominee is the current
Team Lead and the Team Lead accepts the nomination (or default in the prior
case) then he/she remains the Team Lead with no vote needed.

Any nays? Comments?

-sandalle

[0] http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Team+Lead+Voting+Process