sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc spell status and next ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc spell status and next ISO
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:03:31 +0100

> By the way, do we thus agree that the proper way to build the ISO is
> using the stable grimoire ONLY? I have no problem using another grimoire
> (like test or devel or whatever) provided it's agreed on (and that it
> allows to build an ISO of course :-)).
I guess the reason the ISO is stable/stable is because nearly all the time
updates go nice and smooth while a downgrade devel->stable might get
everything a little confused.

But about the glibc "bug", IMO the ISO should do what all SMGL boxes have
to fix this problem: put kernel sources in /mnt/root/usr/src/linux-foo/,
make a few symlinks and maybe "make whatever/config.h"
This is what all boxes that have once cast linux have, why not make the
ISO do it regardless of whether a kernel is being compiled or installed
from cache?

So Far,
Karsten