sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc spell status and next ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc spell status and next ISO
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:49:03 +0100

Arwed von Merkatz a écrit :
The current glibc spell in devel is almost ready to go to test. I added
some stuff to work around problems with the very odd
glibc-kernel-headers setup the 0.9.3 iso installed today, after someone
has tested it on a new install from 0.9.3 it can go to test imo.

Which odd glibc-kernel-headers setup? What bugs are you refering to?

Once it's in the test grimoire it will go to stable as soon as it got
some more testing, at most two weeks later.

If that's not soon enough for the next ISO I can probably merge the
stability/upgrade fixes I did for the devel glibc spell into the test
and stable glibc spell.

I have no problem with that timing myself, except if someone is waiting for an ISO soon. Anyone?

By the way, do we thus agree that the proper way to build the ISO is using the stable grimoire ONLY? I have no problem using another grimoire (like test or devel or whatever) provided it's agreed on (and that it allows to build an ISO of course :-)).

I'll test the devel's glibc spell as well and report the success/failure in bugzilla.

Thanks,
Benoit PAPILLAULT, ISO guru