sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL advertising

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL advertising
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:32:57 -0500

that's because they are mostly RPM- or Debian-based, so one of the packages might work. Our packaging system is different though, so it's not clear to a general public how does "source-based" work.
Maybe this advertising will serve us better if it explicitly says that the spell is installed from source. E.g., many packages have the "compile from source" section, so something like this would be interesting:

Package ABC: binaries Red Hat RPM (link), Debian (link), source (link), install from source (link to doc) or use "cast abc" (link to grimoire page that has the current version of this spell) in Source Mage GNU/Linux.

Mathieu L. wrote:

I'm not convinced of the usefullness of doing that; if you look at all
the distros which are above smgl, you'll realize that only a few are
listed on the maintainers' pages: it's usually Debian, Mandrake,
Fedora/Red Hat, and Gentoo.
Yopper, Vector, Archlinux, yellow dog, Conectiva, etc... all of them are
above smgl in rank though I don't think they advertize like you propose
to do.