sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] split gcc spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] split gcc spells
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 18:20:31 +0200

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 09:03:29AM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Quoting Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>:
> > Ok, the dummy spells are in, so gurus can start adding dependencies on
> > g++, objc, g77 and gcj.
>
> A (hopefully) quick question: Are we to have every (well, not directly, but
> at
> least indirectly) c++ application now depend on g++? Is the only compiler in
> basesystem (and hence needing no dependency upon it) gcc?

Yes, basesystem needs only gcc, everything else should at least
indirectly depend on g++. Basically every user will install g++, since
groff is written in c++ and man needs groff, but the dependency will
also make sure g++ is updated before any c++ dependent spells, which is
a nice addition imo.

http://www.sourcemage.org