sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] expectations of users

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] expectations of users
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:42:37 -0600

Quoting Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>:

> Maybe this is all obvious, but I'll lay it all out as I see it anyway.
>
> [short version]
<<HUGE SNIP>>

I agree entirely with all that was said. Even read through the entire long
version. I feel exactly the same way. When I found sourcemage, back before you
(being the sourcemage as a whole) decided to go 1.0 in October 02, but then
decided against it. (wise decision :) I've had my fair share of troubles and
problems, but I like to tinker. When i came across source mage I was a
definite
n00b. BIG time. I knew almost nothing. I've evolved into the post-larval
stage,
to steal your term :) I'm going to stick with sourcemage, and going to try to
help add to sourcemage. <cough>APACHE_URL mirror list</cough>

But in response to the post, how will you know when to show the other people
the
door? And in what manner? STFU? Or should we just turn the other cheek and
take
their whining and complaining, because we know its meaningless? I think that
eventually sourcemage could be excellent for the sys-admins, because of its
customiziability. And once it's up, it's up. I even almost got oracle
installed
on a PIII 500 once.

my $0.02
David Kowis