sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] j2dsk that doesn't require x11libs

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] j2dsk that doesn't require x11libs
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:58:18 -0600

I know it used to work just fine without an X11. I'd like to have that option
still. I just want to use j2sdk for tomcat. I don't need an X server on my
pentium 200 testing box. I don't think it's got enough hard drive space for
it.
1.5gb for root. I really don't want to put x11 on there. If there's just a
simple way to hack it out of the spell, that would be really cool. I
understand
that now j2sdk is complete and can build every kind of java program and
display
things correctly, but on my servers I don't need to have x11. I do need java
support though, and both of the spells for java need x11.
Thanks,
David Kowis
Computer Programmer